Thursday, April 9, 2009

Ok i promise


That this site won’t turn into a Kanye obsession site. With that said, even though I am very late on the Nike Air Yeezeys, I feel that I need to comment on them. Now, believe what you believe, but I promise promise promise that if any other rapper/singer did what Kanye did, I would be saying the same thing.

But. They didn’t.

I’m not going to discuss the physical appearance of them. Are they nice? Yep. Would I wear them? No. They do remind me of futuristic retro Jordans. Oxymoron! I don’t even know what the actual price was. Im not talking about the inflated eBay price, but the real in-store price. But that’s not important. What is important is the fact that a rapper has his own shoe. Now, I KNOW! Jay-Z had the S. Carters and Fifty had the G. Units. And the fact that they had those was awesome too. But they were on Reebok. I mean, Reebok is no slouch. But they aren’t Nike.

Again, if any other rapper did this, I would definitely be BLOGGING about it. Although the fact that Kanye did it makes it so much cooler! (I know, not a word…actually, it IS a word, but not in this context). In the 80s, when LL started licking his lips after each rhyme, the way you looked determined how many people listened to you. Not that appearance doesn’t matter now; it’s just that how hard is it to wear baggy jeans and oversized t-shirts? I used to do that as a kid when I tried on my Pop’s clothes. Back then, the shoes mattered. The Pumas, and the Reeboks, and the Adidas, and Nikes, and, oh yes, British Knights. Me? I rocked red Converse and white L.A. Gear. For a rapper to have his or her own shoe (or singer), to have one NAMED after you? That is big news. And on Nike? This is the same label that put out the greatest shoes of all time! And now Kanye added his legacy. But again, any rapper/singer who does this deserves kudos.

Well maybe not Soulja Boy Tell Em.

No comments:

Post a Comment